Grant proposals are accepted throughout the year, and there are no application deadlines. The Foundation does not make multi-year grants. An organization selected to receive a grant should be notified of the Foundation’s decision within six months of the Foundation’s receipt of the full grant proposal. Previous grant recipients must submit annual requests for continued funding of existing projects. Please use the online Grant Application to submit a proposal for funding.
What We Need From You
- Legal name of the non-profit organization.
- Contact person’s name, address, phone, fax and e-mail address.
- Amount of request for one full year.
- Additional sources of funding (including projected, pending and approved requests).
- The purpose of the project and the need for the project in the affected community; demographics of the population to be served; specific project goals, timeline and evaluation criteria.
- Proposed Project Budget.
- Requesting Organization’s Current Financial Statement.
- IRS 501(c) (3) tax exemption letter – organizations must have tax-exempt status under IRS Section 501(c) (3).
- List of organization’s Board of Directors.
- Executive Director’s Biography.
At the conclusion of the funded grant period, all grant recipients must submit a report (2 pages maximum length) describing the accomplishments of the funded project including an accounting of how the Foundation grant funds were spent. Grant reports must be received within six months following the conclusion of the grant period.
If you have all of the required information, click here to complete the online form.
If you prefer to mail your proposal, click here to download a copy of the Grant Application and the Grant Request Budget Worksheet. This application and budget worksheet, along with a copy of your organization’s current financial statement and IRS 501(c) (3) tax exemption letter must be submitted. In order to be considered for funding, this application must be typewritten and all sections must be completed. You may mail your proposal to:
Nehemiah Community Foundation
c/o Grant Request
640 Bercut Drive, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95811-0131